The Tax Team
At Knights Lowe our specialist Tax Team are here to provide you with a wide range of taxation services so all of your taxation needs are in hand, whether that be meeting regulatory compliance matters, pro active tax planning or one off assignments.
As a firm we have over 25 years of experience in providing sound practical strategies to our clients that work in the real word. Our friendly Tax Team includes fully qualified chartered tax advisors accredited by the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) who regularly work along side other professionals, such as financial advisors, solicitors and bank managers, as well liaising with H M Revenue & Customs so you can be safe in the knowledge that your tax affairs are in safe hands.
Nearly everyone has to pay tax, whether you are an employee, self employed, a business owner or an investor and at Knights Lowe we want to make sure that you do not pay any more than you need to.
We understand that every client is unique, so your tax position needs to be carefully considered based on your individual circumstances. Whilst we can deal with compliance issues such as the completion of income tax returns, we find that the pro active advice and forward planning is where we can make a real difference in ensuring that your affairs are arranged in the most tax effective manner, not just in the short term but in the long term as well.
Services we offer
As well as general tax services, our tax team can also assist you with specialist tax assignments such as -
- Capital gains tax planning and claiming of reliefs such as entrepreneur’s relief, hold over relief, roll over relief etc.
- Inheritance tax planning, and maximising reliefs such as BPR and APR.
- VAT issues, such as VAT on property transactions, option to tax, partial exemption and capital goods scheme.
- Capital allowance reviews to ensure claims are maximised.
- Research and development claims for Limited companies.
- Trust compliance, including advising on trust deeds, trust tax returns, 10 yearly charges and exit charges.
- Probate and Estate planning and administration services.
- Advising on tax efficient exit strategies for business owners.
- Putting Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) share option plans into place.
- Dealing with company applications under Enterprise Incentive Scheme (EIS) and advising on tax reliefs available to investors.
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries and investigations.
- Dealing with foreign individuals and determining residency status.
If you would like to discuss how we can help, please contact Kirk Vaughan who heads up the Tax Team on 01284 701 300, or email him at email@example.com.