Buy or sell goods within the EU? Ready for a no deal Brexit?


In the event of a no deal Brexit, businesses that buy and sell within the UK will need to make sure they have registered for a UK Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number.

EORI numbers are currently required for businesses importing and exporting with the rest of the world, but excluding the EU. If the UK leaves the EU on 12 April 2019 without a deal then importing and exporting with countries within the EU will require the same process as the rest of the world.

Do I need to register for an EORI number?


Register for an EORI number

Firstly check if you have a valid EORI number here. Input your VAT registration number with ‘GB’ in front and ‘000’ afterwards.

If your business doesn’t have a valid EORI number and you believe you may require one, please contact us for advice and assistance.

If you’re definitely sure you need to apply for an EORI number then we can assist with the registration or businesses can apply for one here. The process takes about three working days and you’ll receive an email with your EORI number.

04 Dec 2019

Making sure gifts to employees are tax-free

Some employers may wish to give a small gift to their employees.

04 Dec 2019

Advisory fuel rates for company cars

New company car advisory fuel rates have been published which took effect from 1 December 2019.